Saturday 29 December 2012

Getting on with the World Eaters


Well I'm now free from any commission work so will be getting on with my World Eaters (WE) that I'll be using for the next few months at least, anybody who knows me knows that I tend to sell armys after a few months use, not sure if this one will go but then again I say that about almost every army I do (any offers :) ).

My initial thoughts for the WE were that I'd use the Space Wolf codex however having looked a little more at the latest Chaos book I don't think it's a coincidence it was released at the same time as the HH Betrayal book, with a few exceptions, Contemptor Dreadnoughts being one :( , the books seem to work well for building an army for use with both. I'm glad alot of the events I go to now allow the use of the FW "40k Approved" units, Chaos Contemptors aint that bad when you look into them :D

So with that in mind the first event I'll be going to in the new year is a one day event ran by Tony at Core Games, the points level for the event is an unusual 1250. The army I'm planning on taking will consist of roughly the following; Deamon Prince (Angron) although this might change, 5 Terminators (Cataphracti), 1 Chaos Contemptor, 2 squads of tooled up Chaos Marines and a 5 man Havoc Squad with Autocannons, so it's not all that big an army.

The one thing that's letting me down at the minute is that I'm just not getting enough gaming in at all, I've just not had enough time, or motivation if I'm honest, to get out and play enough, I've still not really played enough 6th ed 40k so really just don't know what's good and what's not, can't honestly remember that last time I actually had a game. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy that over the next month or so prior to actually going to the one day event.








In other news the Fire Hawks were featured on the Death or Glory Blog they've got alot of varied articles from painting to hard tournament gaming definately worth a look if you want to know what's going on on the UK tournament scene.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, I've finished the Cataphracti squad, think they came out ok, I'm moving on to a Contemptor next and will hopefully have it done by the end of this weekend just in time for the new year so pics of it will be in my next blog post.



 

Until then I'll leave you all with some more pics of the terminators from different angles so you can get a better feel for what they actually look like. As always comments and feedback is always welcome.


2 comments:

  1. Great to see you have a Blog now,make it much easier to keep up with what you are doing.

    I do like the Cat Termies, the gore splattered and grimey look suits them perfectly.

    Keep up with the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic. Rictus only just gave me a link to your blog. Followed!

    Mine's here - http://thespringoffensive.blogspot.co.uk/

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete